Thursday, July 3, 2008

Independence

This was Jackson's 1st week at Covenant Academy and while he has done very well with transition (except for Monday), it has been emotionally straining for me. I guess it is because my little boy is growing up so quickly. I am so proud of him for being such a big boy and going off to daycare, but a part of me wants to rewind time and make him a little baby again! He is becoming so much more independent! I think we all tend to forget the important role we play in our children's lives and this week has truely made me appreciate the times I get to spend with him. One day he will grow up and it will not be "cool" for him to sit and talk with me or Jonathan. I am cherishing these moments while I have them and hope for many more to come.

I also hope everyone has a GREAT 4th and I pray that everyone can remember the importance of this day! It's not just a day to get together for food and fireworks, but to pay respect for thos who have given us our freedom! I am thankful for all the men and women who have provided our country with this luxury and I pray for those who are currently in harms way! God Bless America!!!!

No comments: